Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John W Alkire
Dr. John W Alkire, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in New Braunfels, TX. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John W Alkire has the following 8 expertise
- Space Maintainers
- Cross Bite
- Open Bite
Dr. John W Alkire accepts the following insurance providers.
- Ameritas PPO
- BCBS TX BlueCare Dental
- CIGNA Total DPPO
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. John W Alkire
John Alkire, DDS Being a military officer for over nine years, I learned the true meaning of dedication, integrity and striving for excellence. The practice of orthodontics allows me to continue to strive for that excellence. Orthodontics is by far the most rewarding aspect of dentistry that I can perform. The satisfaction I get from improving a child's or an adult's smile and in turn increasing their self-confidence through what I do is immeasurable. Making someone smile is a temporary pleasure, but giving someone a smile for a lifetime is a gift that I am truly honored to be able to give. Education and Continuing Education Prior to becoming an orthodontist, I attended the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco, CA. I then received my orthodontic residency from the Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, TX. Although my orthodontic education is complete, I firmly believe in keeping my education current with the latest and greatest ideas and technology available. That being said, only proven techniques are good enough for my patients, and I continuously strive to learn about and implement those into my practice. In the Office I love both the challenge and pleasure I get from meeting each patient for the first time. Often they are so self-conscious about their smile that they hide their smile, or just don't smile at all. I enjoy watching the progress of that same patient all the way through the end of their treatment to the point that they can't help but smile at all of those around. It's truly amazing what orthodontics and straight teeth can do for a person's self-confidence. What I like most about my patients are their stories. I like to get to know as much as I can about my patients and their families. It's a unique relationship between orthodontist and patient, and for nearly two years I'm privileged to be a part of that person's life. If the patient is a child, then I get to bear witness to some of their most formative and important years, and it's a real pleasure to watch them grow into young adults. Your routine orthodontic adjustments should be something you look forward to, and it's our mission to make each experience from beginning to end as pleasurable as possible. Family and Community I was born and raised in the city of Santa Rosa, California which is located near Napa Valley and the heart of the wine country. I moved to the beautiful Hill Country of New Braunfels, TX, from Joint Base Lewis McCord located in Washington. I married my high school sweetheart, Jennifer, and we are blessed to have three amazing children. Jeremy is nine, Matthew is seven and Katie is five. Outside of work I enjoy camping, fishing, hiking, bike riding with my family, reading, and golf. Resources American Association of Orthodontists® http://www.braces.org On this site, you can learn about orthodontists–specialists in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. The correction of tooth and jaw alignment results in a healthy, attractive smile that's good for life. Meet Dr. Alkire / Meet Our Orthodontic Team
Locations & DirectionsALKIRE ORTHODONTICS, 837 Landa St, New Braunfels, TX
Dr. John W Alkire is similar to the following 4 Dentists near New Braunfels, TX.