Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Whitsitt has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 18
I am currently a patient as well as my Wife and speaking for both of us. . We have always hated going to a dentist!! We are new to the area and very fortunately found Dr. Whitsitt! We have, in 3 visits each, myself, had 1st visit, a cleaning, 2nd visit, 2 teeth crowned, 3rd visit, an extraction and as crazy as it sounds.. I am looking forward to my next visit because, never in my life have I enjoyed by far going to the dentist. As a young child I had braces and my teeth were and in time became a mess! I am almost 51 yrs. old and my teeth look and feel better than ever! He is the total opposite of any dentist that I have ever been to. So afraid of them, I allowed my teeth to get in worse and worse shape through the years. I could not be happier to have found Dr. Whitsitt, as well as his staff from the front office to everyone so far. Everyone is friendly and, to me, very professional! The hygienist "Sharon" (I think is fairly new) she is totally awesome! I just feel that they (all) really care and it's more than obvious they do! My biggest fear of dentist in the past has been the pain I have been put through in the past and I was literally terrified to go but the 1st time I went, I was just a tag a long with my Wife and I made my mind up that day.... I wanted this dentist for myself, no hesitation! He was wonderful with my Wife and allowed me to sit in during her appt. And I must add... for my Wife to be happy with a dentist..... well, that's a miracle! She really likes him alot and she is not one to boast about anyone! It's important to me to give Dr. Whitsitt a review and an A1 excellent review because he has changed my entire opinion of a dentist, dental visit! But I must say.... "I still don't trust dentist, but I certainly trust him! I recommend and already have recommended him to what few friends I know as stated earlier, we are new to the area. Dr. Whitsitt along with his staff, to me, the best! From wait time, to the hospitality from all, to the comfort that is required to a person (patient) such as myself, when you're worried about the pain, to me, he's hands down, the best. I, thinking these words would never come out of my mouth..... look forward to my future visits and you must put into consideration.... I'm really happy my smile is being super improved, and that's alot to be happy about but it takes a caring dentist to make a person want to keep coming back. I honestly would and have recommended him to anyone that needs a good dentist! Note: I took extra time to write this review because I read some of the reviews from unhappy patients and I was surprised!!!! I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with this man or his staff!
Dr. J. Whitsitt office is a mess or running nurses, technicians, cleaners. The entire environment does not seem like professional. The same nurse will put stiches in your mouth and take the office telephone calls the same time . He cannot be trusted with charges : Will promice a low-cost procedure but will end up with expensive root canals by his root canal dentist- friend across the road and putting caps. His office manipulates the charges, and then sends you threats for collection. DO NOT GO THERE! YOU WILL BE MISTREATED AND RIPPED OF.
DDS is OK, billing is nasty....they made a mistake, didn't want to even listen to my husband or look into his complaint, they HUNG UP on him many times saying "they didn't want to argue" despite him never even raising his voice. Their billing person BETH stated they did not WANT us as customers, claimed our calls were HARRASSMENT, all we want back is out $72 they charged incorrectly. Beth is DEVOID OF CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. John A Whitsitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- FL Blue BlueDental Choice & Choice Plus PPO
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
Locations & DirectionsAtlantic Coast Prosthodontics, 1509 Mason Ave, Daytona Beach, FL
Dr. John A Whitsitt is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Daytona Beach, FL.