Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Mauro has the following 1 specialty
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Showing 5 of 44
I have had a few consultations for my wisdom teeth and I had to reschedule one appt. and then I had to wait because my insurance ended. I got insurance through my job and was able to finally set my appt. again! Everytime I go there I wait for like an hour and feel rushed as soon as I get called back. But I scheduled an appointment anyway. So as soon as I sat in the chair I started to feel my adrenaline pumping, I'm pretty sure I was having some kind of panic/anxiety attack. I told them I was really afraid to go under and Joseph Mauro's response was well you've had like 4 consultations. Like I'm having an anxiety attack and you feel the need to complain about how many times I have made money for your business!? So I freaked out even more and tears started rolling down my eyes, still no words of encouragement, they made me feel all alone. I asked can my mom come in until I fall asleep, and they answered with one simple word "no" at that point my heart was pumping and super fast anf I just stopped evertrying and said I can't do this. Still no response they removed the oxygen mask and walked away. The assistant dismissed me out if the room and as I walked out they were already bringing the next patient in. They honestly made me feel like crap because of my anxiety! Honestly I do not let a lot of things get to me, nor am I afraid of much so I was extremely disappointed I had to go through that experience! My advice, don't waste your time, find a oral surgeon who cares! Just a side note, I am 21 and have never had to deal with any kind of surgery, so I had no idea how afraid I was until it actually started happening.
- University of Iowa
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph Mauro is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Tecumseh, MI.