Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jovita A Barcena
Dr. Jovita A Barcena, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Panorama City, CA. Her specialties include General Dentistry. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jovita A Barcena has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Jovita A Barcena has the following 12 expertise
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome (TMJ)
- Dental Check-up
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Root Canal
Dr. Jovita A Barcena Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
First Dental Health
- First Dental Health
- Humana Dental PPO
- Liberty Dental CA Independence PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. Jovita A Barcena
MEET DR. JOVITA BARCENA Dr. Jovita A Barcena is a 1982 graduate of the University of the East, Manila, Philippines. After graduation she opened two private offices in Manila. She was then offered a job working as a dental hygienist in Saudi Arabia. The hospital director observed how well she treated her patients, and after a few days she was asked not to only do teeth cleaning but also to do general dentistry. She was offered a dentist position, which involved one month of training at the Ministry of Health followed by a licensure exam that included three parts; an oral, practical, and written exam. She was the first Filipino dentist who was given a license to practice dentistry in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. After getting her license, she was assigned to the main office in Jeddah, K.S.A. and it was there she trained for one year in Pedodontics (Children's Dentistry) and worked for five years in Orthodontics. In 1993, Dr. Barcena decided to join her family in the USA and decided to take the California State Board of exam to practice dentistry in California, which she passed in 1993. She worked at the Central Dental Care clinic in Covina, CA from June 1995-1996. Dr. Barcena decided to start her own private practice in Panorama City, CA after one year. She's been in this office since 1996. At her Panorama City office, Dr. Barcena is a general dentist with special interest in Orthodontics and Cosmetic Dentistry. She also does minor surgeries, non surgical gum treatment, and preventive dentistry. She loves attending dental seminars and always updates herself with the latest trends in dentistry. Some of the courses she has attended include: Orthodontics – Progressive Orthodontic Seminar (1997-1998) a two year program Rondeau Seminar Orthodontic Conference 2003 World Clinical Laser Institute, Laser in Periodontal Treatment 2003 Certified in Invisalign (2005) Implant A-Z, UCLA (April – Nov 2008) Perio Protect - Certified Provider Lumineers - Certified Provider
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Jovita A Barcena is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Panorama City, CA.