Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Korie D Acord DMD
Dr. Korie D Acord, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Louisville, KY. Her specialties include General Dentistry. She speaks English.
Dental Savings Plans
Save 10-60% on most dental procedures today.
Dental savings plans offer an affordable alternative to traditional dental insurance. Members pay an annual fee to gain access to a network of dentists who offer reduced rates to plan members.
Join a Plan
Save at the Dentist
Smile + Be Healthy
Dr. Korie D Acord has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Korie D Acord has the following 6 expertise
- Fissure Sealants
- Pulp Treatment
- Tooth Decay
- Dental Check-up
Dr. Korie D Acord Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
More about Dr. Korie D Acord
KORIE DUNHOFT ACORD, DMD Growing up in Northern Kentucky, Dr. Korie always knew she wanted to work with children. She attended the University of Louisville where she was involved in student government, the student activities board and was a Cardinal host for several university events. After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology she continued her education at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry. Dr. Korie then moved to Delaware for a General Practice Residency. Upon completion, she practiced as a general dentist for two years. It was at this time she realized that treating children was her dream and would become her career focus. She moved back to Louisville to complete her Pediatric Dental residency program. While there she shared the duties of Chief Resident and completed her residency training in May 2010. Her residency training prepared her to offer oral sedation, among other behavior management techniques, for children with situational anxiety in the dental office. For those patients that do not fit the criteria for safe in-office sedation, it is very important to have the option of comprehensive dental treatment under general anesthesia. Her residency provided this opportunity during her work in Kosair Children’s Hospital for the last two years. While there she worked very closely with pediatricians, anesthesiologists, emergency medicine physicians, and hematology and oncology specialists. This experience has provided Dr. Korie with a unique medical background to care for both healthy and special needs children. Currently, she serves as one of the Pediatric Dentists for The Home of the Innocents, where she remains involved with The University of Louisville School of Dentistry as an adjunct faculty member. Dr. Korie resides in Louisville with her husband, Dr. Timothy Acord, DDS, who is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. They are avid supporters of U of L Cardinal Athletics. Professional Affiliations American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry Louisville Dental Society Kentucky Dental Association American Dental Association Presentations “Incorporating Infant Oral Heath Program into your practice” String of Pearls Lecture Series AAPD Annual Meeting 2010 Research "Incorporating Infant Oral Heath Program into your practice,” University of Louisville Pediatric Residency, 2010 "Biological Role of Plasminogen Activation in Wound Healing and Cancer Invasion”, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, 1998 Professional Licensure & Certification State Licensure: Delaware and Kentucky PALS Certified—Successful completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support course BLS Certified—Successful completion of Basic Life Support course
Locations & DirectionsCOLLINS DENTAL LLC, 2120 High Wickham Pl Ste 103, Louisville, KY
Dr. Korie D Acord is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Louisville, KY.