1.0

Comfortable Office
Cleanliness
Advanced Technology

Poor Root Canal Caused Abscess

I just had a root canal this guy botched redone. My new endodontist was not impressed to see he missed one root entirely (after drilling around a bit looking for it) and didn't go all the way to the end of the other one. So now I have an abscess, which is not fun to treat. On top of that, his bedside manner was lousy and he kept telling me to relax. Yeah, I'm sure lots of people are very chill during their root canals. My endo said he has heard other stories from several patients that align with mine. Taito is no longer in our area but I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

Comfortable Office
Cleanliness
Advanced Technology

Sadist

Ham-fisted and too quick for the anesthetic to take effect, but if that were all, I wouldn't be writing this. If it was only that, I would have excused it, thinking perhaps he was only rushed that day, or having a bad day for some other reason. No, this guy is a literal sadist, in the style of the Steve Martin character in Little Shop of Horrors. At one point, he stuck a sharp, curved instrument into my gum on the good side of my mouth. I could feel it puncture my skin and curve down into the gum--then he TWISTED it. When he took his hands and the torture implement out of my mouth, I asked why he had done this. He tried to gaslight me, insisting he had only touched the gum gently with a blunt probe (there was no medical reason for him to have done even that) and that I was only bleeding because of my "poor dental hygiene." This must be the standard lie he trots out whenever anybody has the guts to call him out for his behavior, and it probably works a treat with most people, shaming them into silence, because most people really don't floss as often as they should. But in this area of life, I am not 'most people.' Applied to me, this lie is preposterous. My dental hygiene is a millimeter from OCD. I keep my teeth so clean that I have had my hygienist refuse to charge me. I negotiated my fee up from NOTHING to half what they charge other people, so that I can continue to schedule an annual appointment without feeling guilty about it. I do not bleed at a gentle touch. I do not have gum disease of any description. I felt what I felt--a needle sharp, curved instrument popping through the skin and being sunk deep into the meat of my gums. The man is a liar and a lunatic. I am still fuming weeks later, and wishing I had documented everything, and at least tried to have him arrested for assault. Because that's what it was: assault masquerading as dentistry. If you find yourself having to see this man--perhaps like me, you need an emergency root canal over the holidays, when no one else has openings, keep your phone out and document everything he says and does. Then call the police as soon as you are out of his chair. That's what I wish I had done.

Birth Control

• Similiar Dentists

Dr. Lee A Taito is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Napoleon, OH.