Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mel A Burchman has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Mel A Burchman has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
- Teeth Cleaning
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mel A Burchman - Posted on September 1st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mel A Burchman - Posted on March 21st, 2013
The first visit was nice, he answered all of my questions based on my xrays and what procedures I would have to have done. After the first visit for my fillings, I had three done, I was upset that I had to return for corrections. Not only once, but twice to have the fillings corrected. Two of my teeth were sealed together, and I could not floss. My bite was off from the filling and I was, and still am experiencing pain when eating. On the last appointment he told me he didnt want to "fix" it any further because it looked nice and he didn't want to mess that up. We decided to switch dentists. I called twice to pick up our records, and they kept telling me they didn't have time to print them out. It took a week. One of his staff asked me if we were leaving because we were unhappy. I told her the above reasons. She then continued to ask if we were really leaving because we had a balance on our account, which we didn't even know about. I found it extremely rude and unprofessional to ask if we were leaving because we owed $100. I would not recommend this dentist to anyone. The staff is obviously rude and Dr. Burchman may be "high-tech" but he is not a good dentist. I am now paying out of pocket to have his work corrected, and it's worth it.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mel A Burchman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia DHMO Concordia Plus General Dentist
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. Mel A Burchman
Hi! I'm Dr. Mel Burchman and I'm a very lucky guy! I love being a dentist! I enjoy talking and meeting people. Making them laugh and removing their fear of dentistry. I love working with my hands and feeling the gratification when I see the improvement in my patient's dental health and dental attitude. I never feel like I'm going to work, and it shows! I went to the same dentist for 25 years, until he retired. He never really hurt me and it was always a pleasant, positive experience. Because of this I was never afraid to go to the dentist and decided to become one. If he had been killing me I never would have wanted to become a dentist. Who would want to work at a job that was hurting people all day? Not me! I strive to accomplish this same atmosphere for my patients. I love photography and have my pictures through out the office. And yes, we have stereo and cable TV in each patient room, but more importantly, I enjoy and have fun being a dentist. Oh, now for the regular things I'm supposed to say here. I attended Marquette University as a Regent and National Merit Scholar and graduated in the top 5% of my class, with a major in Biology and minors in Chemistry and Philosophy. I attended New York University Dental College and graduated in the top 10% of my class. I preformed a surgical externship at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. I have lived and practiced in Bucks County for over 32 years. I'm a member of the American Dental Society, Pennsylvania Dental Society, Montgomery - Bucks Society, Academy of General Dentistry, Academy of Laser Dentists, and previous member of the American Endodontic Society.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Mel A Burchman is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Langhorne, PA.