Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Ali DMD
Dr. Michael J Ali, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael J Ali has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Michael J Ali has the following 9 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
- Teeth Cleaning
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael J Ali - Posted on June 7th, 2018
Long time patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael J Ali - Posted on January 11th, 2018
I have been going to this practice since 1972 when it was his father's. Before he retired he asked me to continue my dental visits with his son--and I agreed. My initial experience was fine. However, recently, he increased his rate by $60. I don't have insurance and when my credit card bill arrived I was surprised to learn of the increase. I had never been told. I mentioned it twice to his office staff and received no information other than the increase was competitive with local dentist rates. I guess I thought I deserved some kind of answer or accommodation directly from the Dr. given such a long relationship--his father would have done that. Business must be good if you an afford to lose a patient. I decided to change dentists and chose an equally qualified dentist 5 minutes from my house. I do not miss driving 35 minutes to Dr. Ali's office--and my new dentist appreciates my business.
Four top plates
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael J Ali - Posted on December 23rd, 2017
Over a ten year period Dr. Ali crafted 4 upper plates for me, 3 of which fell apart. I was at work one day eating lunch and felt something hard in my mouth, it turned out to be the façade of the front tooth. Of course he was glad to make another plate & charged my insurance. The next 1 began to split between the front teeth after a few months of use. Another replacement , additional costs. The third plate (which I am using now due to the 4th one splitting between the front teeth once again) has teeth so large, they make me look grotesque, however I pulled them out until I can go to another dental clinic for yet another plate. The last one I purchased split after only 3 months, I returned it & the office person said with great attitude, "you know you have to pay for the repair since you had the teeth for a year". The teeth were ordered in April, but were not received until around November due to lack of follow up by the dental office & this occurred around February or March. The employee actually wanted to argue with me. She had recently started at the office & she was the one who took my payment. By the way, prior to receiving my product, seated in the waiting room with other patients she very loudly asked me, are you paying cash today? I responded who carries over $900 around, so she says she does in a smart aleck way. I felt like she was setting me up to get knocked in the head. Anyway, Dr. Ali sent my teeth back to the lab & they returned with what I thought was a metal strip within the pink material . He said it was a good thing we had caught it when the split first began. Well it continued to split even after the "repair" until one day while eating they broke in half. Years ago I had teeth made at one of those fast dental places & they were in 1 piece when I began seeing Dr. Ali. They were centered correctly, never split or required repair & less than half the price.
Dr. Michael J Ali Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Michael J Ali is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Philadelphia, PA.