Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Patrick A Abbey has the following 2 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Patrick A Abbey has the following 6 expertise
- Sleep Apnea
- Jaw Defects
- TMJ Disorders
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Dental Implants
- Tooth/Bone Loss
Dr. Patrick A Abbey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Ameritas PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
More about Dr. Patrick A Abbey
Doctor Patrick Abbey Dr. Patrick Abbey is a Florida native, born and raised in Sarasota. He attended the University of Florida for his undergraduate and dental degrees. Following dental school, he completed his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency in the San Francisco bay area at Alameda County Medical Hospitals. He remained at a teaching position there for another year before relocating back to Florida and Tampa in 1994. He attained diplomate status with the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons the following year, and has maintained his active board certification since that time, with passing the recertification process in 2006. He has been in practice in the same location since returning to Tampa, and has a strong affiliation with Florida Hospital Tampa (formerly University Community Hospital). He maintains a full scope practice, with strong interest in dental implants, orthognathic surgery and TMJ reconstruction, as well as routine oral surgery care and wisdom tooth extraction. He helped pioneer changes that led to custom total TMJ replacement therapy. He has been active in both local and national organizations, presenting clinical papers, teaching and serving on the board of several of those organizations. He is committed to giving back to the community and provides volunteer services locally, as well as serving on the board of New Faces for Honduras, a surgical mission group that provides Maxillofacial services in Honduras on a yearly recurring basis. He has been married to his wife, Stacy, for over 27 years and has a son (Andrew) and daughter (Allyson). He enjoys boating, fishing, surfing and playing golf.
Locations & DirectionsMAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY CENTER, 3000 E Fletcher Ave Ste 100, Tampa, FL
Dr. Patrick A Abbey is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Tampa, FL.