Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen N Bakios DDS
Dr. Stephen N Bakios, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in East Providence, RI. His specialties include Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Dental Savings Plans
Save 10-60% on most dental procedures today.
Dental savings plans offer an affordable alternative to traditional dental insurance. Members pay an annual fee to gain access to a network of dentists who offer reduced rates to plan members.
Join a Plan
Save at the Dentist
Smile + Be Healthy
Dr. Stephen N Bakios has the following 2 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
An oral & maxillofacial surgeon is a physician who surgically corrects conditions of the mouth and surrounding facial structures including the head, neck and jaws. These doctors usually start out as dentists before undertaking extensive surgical and medical training.
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Stephen N Bakios has the following 10 expertise
- Laser Surgery
- TMJ Disorders
- Bone Transplantation
- Tooth/Bone Loss
- Sleep Apnea
- Jaw Disorders (Tempromandibular Joint Disorders)
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Jaw Defects
- Dental Implants
Dr. Stephen N Bakios Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA Premier
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- First Health PPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
More about Dr. Stephen N Bakios
MEET US Meet Dr. Bakios Dr. Stephen N. Bakios is a native Rhode Islander. He received a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology form the University of Rhode Island. Following service as a Medical Service Corp Officer in the U.S. Army, he entered Georgetown University School of Dentistry. After completing dental school, Dr. Bakios went on to an Oral and Maxillofacial residency in New York City at New York Medical College Affiliated Hospitals. Dr. Bakios has 27 years of experience practicing the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is a Fellow of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and Dr. Bakios is the Past President of the Rhode Island Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and a member of the International Congress of Oral Implantology. He is a current provider of Basic Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). He is on the Active Staff at the Miriam Hospital in Providence, RI. Dr. Bakios lives in Rhode Island with his wife Elaine, a Registered Nurse. They have three children, Stephen Jr., Lauren, and Matthew.
Locations & DirectionsEAST BAY ORAL SURGERY AND DENTAL IMPLANT CENTER, 2224 Pawtucket Ave, East Providence, RI
Dr. Stephen N Bakios is similar to the following 4 Dentists near East Providence, RI.