Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy J Sluser has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Showing 5 of 6
This place does not even deserve one star. Unfortunately my family and I are stuck going here for our dentist needs, because no other dentists in the area take our insurance, and sadly, a lot of people are stuck in the same situation. Everyone that works here is very rude. They charge your insurance for services you did not have, even going so far as charging for appointments you never made, or even showed for. They make you appointments without your consent, calling you the day before informing you that you made the appointment. They called once claiming my six year old daughter made the appointment herself. They were very rude and accusatory when I said it was impossible for her to make the appointment because she was six. The service in general is just bad. I told them I was allergic to all metal, they didn't believe me and said I was lying. I now live in constant pain because of a metal filling on the side of a tooth. They see the problems I have and was told it's too much trouble to remove and I should have told them about my allergies before I had it done. The dentists advice for grinding my teeth at night was "Just stop doing it and you wont have a problem." I could go on with a lot more problems family have had here, but I think you get the picture. If you have a choice, please take your family elsewhere.
Here is my experience: I was a new patient who hadn't been to the dentist in a couple of years. I was getting ready to leave the country, and I wanted to have a cleaning/checkup. I waited for 40 minutes in the waiting room. During that time, two other patients walked in and were almost immediately seen. Still, I waited. When they finally called me back the lady cleaning my teeth was not particularly friendly, and she talked politics at me while she was working. I couldn't respond and merely had to lay there with my mouth open while she told me all about her political beliefs. She told me I had one, maybe two, cavities. Then the dentist came in (it was not Dr. Sluser, it was one of his associates). He muttered his name and proceeded to examine my mouth. He was even less friendly than the hygienist. He poked around at my teeth for awhile and then declared that I had four cavities. FOUR. I was shocked because I'd never had one before. I came home and spoke to my aunt (who happens to work for another dentist who doesn't take my insurance) and she told me that Sluser's office didn't have the best reputation and that I should definitely go somewhere else to get my fillings. So I called another dentist and they got me in very quickly. The dentist examined my teeth and then told me that I had ONE cavity and ONE molar that needed to be resealed. I don't know if the dentist in Sluser's office was scamming me or just really bad at his job. Either way, nobody should ever go to this dentist's office. They are terrible.
- University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Timothy J Sluser accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy J Sluser is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Vandergrift, PA.