- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Akiva J Marcus has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Akiva J Marcus has the following 8 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 4 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akiva J Marcus - Posted on June 14th, 2018
Awesome Doctor and practice!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akiva J Marcus - Posted on November 8th, 2017
Wonderful staff. Very accommodating, considerate and professional. Dr Marcus was so thorough and made sure I understood everything and what the plan was going forward. I am so grateful for a doctor and staff that was genuinely concerned about me as a person. I will highly recommend Dr Marcus to everyone I know!
He walks on water to me, as does the staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akiva J Marcus - Posted on September 21st, 2017
His credentials are amazing. So I thought, " there is no way that he could not be arrogant". But guess what "he was NOT ONE bit". At our first visit he had an emergency at the hospital, so he came in personally to tell me that. Once hearing the severity of my situation, he not only stayed. He stayed until he was confident I was OK and 100% satisfied. The nurse, PA...heck, even the receptionist for both Doctors went out of their way to acknowledge me and make sure I was satisfied...100% professional. I just can't say enough nice things and YES I would recommend him to everyone!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akiva J Marcus - Posted on March 28th, 2017
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Akiva J Marcus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWEST PALM MEDICAL GROUP, 4700 N Congress Ave Ste 201, West Palm Beach, FL
Dr. Akiva J Marcus is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Palm Beach, FL.