Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland MD
Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Very compasionate and careing
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland - Posted on October 25th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland - Posted on October 6th, 2018
Had to get another doctor becausee she is so impatient and arrogant
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland - Posted on September 9th, 2018
I used another doctor in the same office for years. He was absolutely wonderful and I loved him. When he left, I had to see doctor Mcfarland. She is very impatient, always in a hurry and quite arrogant. She doesn't listen, cuts me off and keeps talking about how she treats "my patients", as if there is no difference between one patient from another. She talks like she has been a doctor for 20 years, but just graduated from medical school. I am going to get a new doctor and I would definitely not recommend doctor Mcfarland for someone I cared about.
Rushed and Uncaring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland - Posted on August 14th, 2018
Best PCP Ever!!!!!!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland - Posted on June 27th, 2018
Dr. Kristen McFarland is the first primary care physician that I have ever had that takes the time for ME. She sits and looks at me and listens to my issues/concerns. She is so compassionate and caring every time I see her. Always there if I have any questions or further concerns. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
University Of Tennessee Medical Center
Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEMATOLOGY CONSULTANTS, 1934 Alcoa Hwy Ste 472, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Kristen A Mcfarland is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.