Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Claudine Carter has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Claudine Carter has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Claudine Carter has the following 9 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Showing 1 of 1
complaining to medical board
Self-verified patient of Dr. Claudine Carter - Posted on November 24th, 2017
My minor child expressed her wishes to 2 trusted neighbors of ours take her own life. After being granted an involuntary commitment order signed by a magistrate, my daughter was admitted to Novant Health. The next day, my husband and I received a call from this doctor who stated" your child has threaten to commit suicide befpre". Which is true as each time we had her committed, not as a punishment but for her own protection. Dr. Carter then stated" just because she says this does not mean you have to involuntarily commit her". Dr. Carter then stated" since she has not actually attempted to harm herself, involuntary commitment is not necessary". After catching my breath in disbelief, I asked Dr. Carter to restate what she had just said to me. Upon her restatement, I advised her that she needed to put her opinion in writing. And, I placed her on speaker phone so my husband, mother and neighbor could her this unbelievable conversation. At this point, everyone around us become angry at Dr. Carter's remarks and expressed their shock and disagreement regarding her inappropriate statements. At this point, Dr. Carter hung up on us and never called again. Our daughter was admitted and was finally correctly diagnosed as bi-polar. We have been searching for answers to her condition for 9 years while watching her deteriorate. Thank God for that NP.! This post is just the beginning of my complaints as next I will be contacting the DON and filing an official complaint with NC medical board!
Dr. Claudine Carter Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Claudine Carter's office for more information.
2250 Chapel Ave W Cherry Hill, NJ : (856) 482-9000
200 Hawthorne Ln Charlotte, NC : (704) 377-2424
Locations & Directions
Dr. Claudine Carter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.