Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew Marks
Dr. Andrew Marks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. His specialties include Cardiology. Dr. Marks is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Andrew Marks has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.<br>A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Andrew Marks has the following 12 expertise
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Chest Pain
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Shortness of Breath
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Marks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center
NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNaomi Berrie Diabetes Center, 1150 Saint Nicholas Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Andrew Marks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.