Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Matthew R Peterson has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Matthew R Peterson has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Matthew R Peterson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 11
This doctor has put my Mother through many nights of literal screaming and crying after her back surgery from ridiculous changes in medications. He was quite rude to her and generally seems like he doesn't care for his patients.. It's just a way to make a living for him. Because of him changing her medications so dramatically, she was in a lot of pain and had to call in a few times. At her next appointment the Dr. Peterson said that she was taking up a lot of time with their staff and that they should be charging her for it all and that he didn't even know if he wanted to be her doctor. Post Op he had my mom on doses that covered a fair amount of her pain, and then dropped it down to virtually nothing in comparison.. I did not sleep well for a few nights, while she did not at all. When she went in saying that she almost felt like she was going through withdrawls- he grinned and said " I bet you are." .. Bottom line- I would not recommend going to the doctor for chronic pain treatment.
20 Years Experience
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks
Graduated in 1998
University of Arizona College of Medicine
Dr. Matthew R Peterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Matthew R Peterson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bellingham, WA.