Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Philip L Mar
Dr. Philip L Mar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with other offices in Louisville, KY and Louisville, KY . His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Mar is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip L Mar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Philip L Mar has the following 18 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Heart Block
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Exercise Stress Test
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- High Blood Pressure
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Philip L Mar has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Philip L Mar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Philip L Mar yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Mar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Philip L Mar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.