Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John W Gibbs III MD
Dr. John W Gibbs III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC, with other offices in Greenville, NC and Greenville, NC . He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Gibbs is affiliated with Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital and Carteret Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John W Gibbs III has 3 locations
4 Doctors Park
Greenville, NC 27834
2280 Hemby Ln
Greenville, NC 27834
Book Online Now
Dr. John W Gibbs III has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. John W Gibbs III - Posted on June 27th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. John W Gibbs III - Posted on April 10th, 2015
James L. Graham, DC
Self-verified patient of Dr. John W Gibbs III - Posted on September 15th, 2012
Simply a terrific physician. Not only did he treat my seizure disorder to the point that I can now feel comfortable being alone with my 5 year old son, he succeeded when Duke University's top seizure expert (among 2 other neurologists)had no answers. This is not to say the other specialists were not excellent doctors, indeed they were, but evidently my condition needed more than excellent, it needed the best - it needed Dr. John Gibbs. Not only did he have to defeat the frequent seizures I had, he also had to defeat the progressive, debilitating doubt inside me that the life I had enjoyed before the seizures was lost.
Dr. Gibbs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. John W Gibbs III Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
Locations & Directions
Dr. John W Gibbs III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, NC.