Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Heather L Alden has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Heather L Alden has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Heather L Alden has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
I waited for Dr. Heather Alden for nearly an hour in an exam room the size of my closet. I arrived 10 min. early as instructed and the check in process was quite lengthy and the lady had a hard time putting my info. in so by the time I sat down to be called back is was 2:35, my appt. was at 2:30. A few minutes later I was called in by her MA who took all the vitals, chatted with me for a minute and then went out. He came back in 5 min. later and told me that the Dr. decided to "run over" to the hospital next door and it would be 15 min. longer. Was that ok? I said fine even though that's irritating because she knew she had a patient coming. 20 min. later another MA comes in and asks if the previous one told me that she had run to the hospital next door. I told her what he had said and she tells me that she was there when they knew I was checking in but saw that it was taking a little longer than usual so she thought she'd just run over real quick. What the?! Who does that? She KNEW I was there and left anyway?!?! I sat there until 3:28 and by that time I was so irritated by this person's lack of respect for anyone else's time I had no desire to entrust my health to her. She is obviously a self involved, selfish, disrespectful, and careless Dr. Otherwise she would've waited to "run next door" after her appt. with me especially since she knew I was already THERE! So disgusted.
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Heather L Alden accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA PPO
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Heather L Alden is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Sandy, UT.