Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mikal Hicks
Dr. Mikal Hicks, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. Her specialties include Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Mikal Hicks has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mikal Hicks has the following 9 expertise
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
Drexel University Hosp/ Mcp Hahneman
Dr. Mikal Hicks Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Mikal Hicks's office for more information.
3200 Henry Ave Philadelphia, PA : (215) 762-7000
Locations & DirectionsEASTERN PA PSYCH INSTITUTE, 3200 Henry Ave, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Mikal Hicks is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.