Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ryan Morrissey has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Ryan Morrissey has the following 12 expertise
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Chest Pain
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Shortness of Breath
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Morrissey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
6 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVA WEST LOS ANGELES MEDICAL CENTER, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Ryan Morrissey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.