Dr. Heather L Books Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Heather L Books?

excellent clinician

I was very impressed with Dr Books bedside manner and attention to problems.

Tender care

Dr Books saw my son in the ER and relieved all his fear with a gentle, caring demeanor. She was kind and thoughtful. I hope to have her again if we ever end up back in the ER.

ER Visit

This doctor was very patient with my scared 4 year old and took time to make him feel at ease before doing her exam. He usually doesn't like doctors but did very well, even though he was in pain.

Very Attentive

She was very patient with my daughter and interested in all my concerns.

This Dr. saw my 10 month old in the pediatrics unit in our local hospital. After hardly any sleep that evening from having to come in the ER, she walked in the room in the morning, flipped on the lights, waking our daughter and us without even saying anything first and got right down to business - showing no compassion for an exhausted family. She was condescending and rude when I asked for clarification when what she was saying seemed to contradict what the other Dr's told us. She was inaccurate in her assessment of our daughter's condition as well. She did not listen to me, and did not believe my husband and I when we told her our daughter's fever was caused by a virus and not the skin infection that caused her hospitalization (which was told to us by other doctors), and she was proved wrong when my daughter developed a viral rash after her fever broke. She had a medical student following her, so maybe she felt like she needed to prove herself or something. I imagine she probably is a good doctor, but needs to vastly improve her bedside manner, consider her patients needs, and learn to listen to her patients and not treat them like they're idiots. She also needs to not be hasty in her diagnosis - realizing there may be multiple things going on and not just jump to the first thing that makes sense to her. All the other staff in the hospital were wonderful, but if I ever have to go there with any of my children again, I will be sure to do whatever I can to avoid having her as a Doctor for them.

Great doctor

Very gentle and caring. Excellent people skills. One of the best physicians I have ever dealt with. If she moves, I probably will, too.

Excellent!

Excellent professional service, is great with my kids. I was very pleased.

Excellent patient care for my son

Dr Books if the only doc we want to see when our regular pediatrician is not available. She never ends our visits until all my questions are answered, and she has a special way of interacting with my son that makes him less afraid. He rarely is comfortable with being in the doctors office, but she is so friendly and playful that she puts him at ease. We have seen her multiple times, and has always been professional, compassionate and competant!

Unprofessional and Disrespectful

This doctor is cold, abrasive, and patronizing. Went to pediatric appointment for a follow up on my son with pnemonia. Dr. Books spoke down to me because I asked her for clarity. "I just told you that...", with a condescending tone. Her medical interventions were confusing and when I questioned her, she rudely grabbed paper in front of me and wrote out the directions with a scowl on her face. She asked me questions about medical interventions that were completed by prior MD's that I was unable to answer, frustrated her more, yet if she read the chart, she would have the answers. Her irritability was not limited to just me and my husaband. When my infant son was unable to stay still because he didn't want his ears examined, she shoved his head into my husbands chest, and raised her voice to my husband to hold my son's head down. This doctor has no right to be in an outpatient setting, especially with infants. Avoid her as long as she remains licensed.

Dr. Heather L Books is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.