Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Peter J Power Jr
Dr. Peter J Power Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buckhannon, WV. He has 6 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter J Power Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Peter J Power Jr has the following 10 expertise
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
Dr. Peter J Power Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
I met Dr. Power for the first time today. I am 7 months pregnant and have always loved St. Joe's. I am the mother of 5 and this will be my 6th delivery. I take the time to construct a very detailed birth plan. O Dr. Or midwife has ever reacted so negatively to the submission of my plan. As Dr. Power did today. I am very anxious that if I get stuck with him on call that he will refuse to follow my plan. I feat that I will have to go to a different facility if he ends up on call. Directly following his confrontational discussion of my plan his first question was " so are you done having babies now" !!!! I informed him that his questioning was rude and delivered poorly. He claims that he is required to ask me this. I am documented as a devout Catholic in my records and St. Joseph's is a Catholic hospital. I have never felt so disrespected at this facility. I will be avoiding appointments with him at all costs and he will not be involved in my labor and delivery, even if it means signing out and Sri ing to a different facility.
6 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2012
Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center
Dr. Peter J Power Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPETER JAMES POWER JR MD, 100 W Main St, Buckhannon, WV
Dr. Peter J Power Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buckhannon, WV.