Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Claris A Gautreaux
Dr. Claris A Gautreaux, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 7 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicinettcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr. Dr. Gautreaux is affiliated with Mount Sinai Brooklyn. Dr. Gautreaux has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Claris A Gautreaux has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Claris A Gautreaux has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Claris A Gautreaux is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Claris A Gautreaux - Posted on September 7th, 2018
While she is a nice person, she is woefully lacking as a physician! Spent little time with me for my general physical examination, talked through the entire exam often about things utterly unrelated to me or my health—even while presumably listening to my heart and lungs with her stethoscope. I don’t know how she could hear anything! I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and went back to her when I had a specific problem. She barely examined me but made her determination about what my treatment should be and it turned out to be completely inadequate, even after I later asked if additional steps should be taken given my symptoms. And her response to my asking what I should do if my condition worsened was to tell me to go to an ER. Several doctors I have consulted since about my condition were all in agreement that she should have handled it differently and were all in independent agreement about how each of them would have handled it. And now I am paying for it because the lost opportunity to treat my condition adequately at the earliest possible stage has left me with lingering symptoms that now will take much longer to heal, which they may not do so completely. Dr. Gautreaux is fine if you are looking for someone to chat with and will get you in and out of her office as quickly as possible, but if you want a physician who knows what they are doing, takes the necessary time to examine you properly, seems to actually care about you as a patient and not just take the easy opportunity to make you someone else’s problem, then stay away!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
Dr. Gautreaux is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
7 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2011
Dr. Claris A Gautreaux Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsADVANTAGE CARE PHYSICIANS FLATIRON DISTRICT, 21 E 22nd St, New York, NY
Dr. Claris A Gautreaux is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.