Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Malak W Iskandar MD
Dr. Malak W Iskandar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roanoke, VA, with other offices in Roanoke, VA and Roanoke, VA (and 1 other location). His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Malak W Iskandar has 4 locations
5372 Fallowater Ln Ste C
Roanoke, VA 24018
3959 Electric Rd Ste 280
Roanoke, VA 24018
Book Online Now
Dr. Malak W Iskandar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Malak W Iskandar has the following 9 expertise
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Stonybrook University Hospital
Dr. Malak W Iskandar Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Malak W Iskandar's office for more information.
5372 Fallowater Ln Ste C Roanoke, VA 24018
5372 Fallowater Ln Ste C Roanoke, VA : (540) 772-1974
3959 Electric Rd Ste 280 Roanoke, VA : (540) 772-1974
4502 Starkey Rd Ste 6 Roanoke, VA : (540) 772-1974
Locations & Directions
Dr. Malak W Iskandar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.