Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ashok K Lakhiani MD
Dr. Ashok K Lakhiani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, KY, with another office in Somerset, KY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Adolescent Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Ashok K Lakhiani has 2 locations
101 Adanta Cir
Albany, KY 42602
259 Parkers Mill Rd
Somerset, KY 42501
Dr. Ashok K Lakhiani has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
34 Years Experience
Sindh Medical College
Graduated in 1985
University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine
Dr. Ashok K Lakhiani Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Ashok K Lakhiani's office for more information.
101 Adanta Cir Albany, KY : (606) 387-7635
259 Parkers Mill Rd Somerset, KY 42501
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ashok K Lakhiani is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Albany, KY.