Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aarefa H Shakir has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 9
I had seen three doctors prior to Dr. Shakir. She was easily the nicest and gentlest. She spent the most time with and correctly diagnosed me. I had been prescribed two medicines before, to treat the same symptoms. They didn't work but the medicine she suggested works amazingly well and I can say, for the first time in months, that I am well. It is also the medicine with the fewest side-effects AND she made sure to prescribe me a medicine that is covered by my health plan (100%)
Dr Aarefa Shakir is the most caring, understanding doctor I've been to. She listens to you and takes time with you , you are never rushed.She is accurate and thorough in what she does. I am very pleased having her as my primary doctor, for the past 2 years, she is amazing , and I love having her as my doctor. I would highly recommend her to anyone!
20 Years Experience
Krishna Institute Of Medical Sciences Karad
Graduated in 1998
Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Aarefa H Shakir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMonmouth Family Health Center, 270 Broadway, Long Branch, NJ
Dr. Aarefa H Shakir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Branch, NJ.