Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aaron J Alaniz MD
Dr. Aaron J Alaniz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Katy, TX, with other offices in Katy, TX and Lincoln, IL . He has 9 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Aaron J Alaniz has 3 locations
2717 Commercial Center Blvd Ste E200
Katy, TX 77494
Book Online Now
Dr. Aaron J Alaniz has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Aaron J Alaniz has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Aaron J Alaniz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Kind understanding makes me fill like I can open up
Self-verified patient of Dr. Aaron J Alaniz - Posted on August 30th, 2016
9 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2009
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Aaron J Alaniz Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Aaron J Alaniz's office for more information.
2717 Commercial Center Blvd Ste E200 Katy, TX : (832) 913-5014
25722 Kingsland Blvd Ste 202 Katy, TX : (832) 913-5014
1096 1350th St Lincoln, IL : (217) 735-5581
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aaron J Alaniz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Katy, TX.