Dr. Aaron B Domm Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Aaron B Domm?

Rude, uncaring and questionable competence

He and his staff were rude. He gave us the impression he didn't care about our well-being. After getting another opinion his recommended course of action made us question his competence.

Dr. Domm performed a colonoscopy on me at the Charleston Surgery Center. It was like a colonoscopy mill, with patients wheeled in as soon as other patients were wheeled out. He seemed thorough, but I had to wait at least a week in order to get pathology results, and I had to be the one to pursue his office staff for the results.

Patient

Smart guy. Seems very knowledgeable, but does not really display genuine concern for his patients. Just a little too detached.

Great GI Dr

Dr. Domm is at Palmetto Primary Care - Summerville GI. I have followed him from his other practice. First let me say that Dr. Domm is very knowledgeable, seems patient with me when I talk to him & while sometimes I feel like he forgets who I am, I do realize he's very busy and has a lot of patients. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs an excellent GI dr, & have referred many people. I do NOT care for his office staff. They are horrible! The med assistant he has complains to me everytime I go in that she's having a bad day and has spoken to me about other office staff. It's so unprofessional! The front desk is completely incompetent! They called my prescription into the wrong pharmacy (even though my pharmacist left them the correct number!), I can only assume they didn't listen to the message. They also have overcharged me several times, insisting that my insurance hasn't paid, but I have the EOB saying they have. I have put up with it because I really like Dr. Domm, but unfortunately, I'm starting to wonder if it's enough to keep me there as a patient.

He acted like I was an idiot. He kept asking me the same questions and tried to tell me I had a virus...now I am 11 days into the same symptoms. Had a scope and he didn't even stick around long enough to talk to my husband and I about it.

Dr. Domm explain the procedures and the after operation details. During the preparation and operation he was quick and efficient.

His communication style is direct and to the point which I like. He also takes time to listen to you and your concerns. Unfortunately his office staff is difficult to work with and two of his fellow practice partners -- Dr. Schnell and Dr. Sagatellian -- have some of the worst bedside manner I've ever encountered in my 40+ years so I'd only give the practice as a whole 1 star. If Dr. Domm ever leaves these partners behind and moves into a different practice, I'd highly recommend him and would go to him in a heartbeat. But in the current state, I will not be returning to this practice ever.

not recommeded

Requires training in follow up and establish some level of honesty - by doing what you say and not leave to other you responsibility to accomplish your task as a physician. Physician failed to return patient's repeated phone calls for medical assistance after surgery, while remaining is acute pain over the week-end

Great Doctor

Dr. Domm found and treated a problem that I had seen 4 Doctors for. Something so simple, yet these others didn't even know what it was.. He is the best!

I first met him at the Emergency Room and the following day at his office. I have since seen him numerous times. At first he may not appear friendly but he definitely warms up to people. I now consider him to be a very caring person. He has worked hard to try to help me. I would definitely recommend him to others.

They say first impressions are everything......and his first impression is less than impressive. Ive been dealing with problems stemming from my pancreas since 2002 and to cope I laugh at the problems now. He said he would inject botox into my stomach to help with my problem once confirmed and I said I didnt care if my stomach was wrinkled. He did even smile! Come on, that was funny. Im just asking for some compassion. Im the one thats sick and I can laugh about this why cant he? Hopefully the next visit for the results of my gastric emptying study will yield better bedside manner......