Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aaron M Peterson
Dr. Aaron M Peterson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Peterson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Aaron M Peterson has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
I have seen Dr. Peterson for about 5 years, I hate the fact that if i have to reschedule I have to wait about a month or so. He is always booked. He listens to me, when I go and see him. The only thing that I dont like is that he likes to change medicines and strengths all the time. I feel like he experiments with medicines and patients. I go see him soon and he will not like what i will say because I would like to be off my medicine. I really dont think i need it. He diagnosed my daughter with ADHD, I know my daughter and I know for a fact that she does not have that. And of course he prescribed her medicine. He also prescribed my son 2 types of medicines which he doesnt need. My kids and I went through domestic violence, and that doesnt mean that we all need to be medicated.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Aaron M Peterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aaron M Peterson is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Houston, TX.