Dr. Aaron B Schoenkerman Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Aaron B Schoenkerman?

BEST DOCTOR

Dr. Schoenkerman is a very good doctor. I was having abnormal ekgs, stress test, and echocardiogram, he took the time to figure out what was going on with me. Very personable, and very caring!! Very patient with me as I can be stubborn sometimes.

This doctor is a bully; even the nurses know it.

Our experience of Schoenkerman was during an emergency room visit when my husband was having heart palpitations (which he had occasionally for 2 years). Schoenkerman was put on the case and insisted my husband had a heart attack and needed a stent put in or "he would die". We told Schoenkerman that my husband couldn't lie flat (because of respiratory problems and his fuzed spine). Schoenkerman argued that it had to be done that way, then later stated that it could be done thru the arm instead of the leg. We also stated that it would have to be done with general anesthesia as he reacts negatively to the amnesia drugs used in this procedure (from past experience). He didn't listen and administered the drugs anyway. The procedure could not be done because of the drug reaction and my husband was returned to the cardiac ward. I was called to the room and Schoenkerman accused my husband of "playing games" in the surgical suite (referring to the negative reaction), again stated he was going to die, asked us if we were atheists, then threatened to have him kicked off the cardio ward into a regular room, and then tried to get the psychologist to put him on lock-down. After talking to a social worker, we were able to get Schoenkerman taken off the case, but the damage was done. (Afterward, we were told by a nurse that Schoenkerman has a reputation as a "bully" on the cardio ward.) My husband has told me that he will not go to the emergency room again. Schoenkerman's bully tactics (so that he could get the surgical fees) have damaged my husband's trust in the healthcare system, and mine as well.