Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aarti G Raina has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 20
Being a new mom I wanted a pediatrician that I can be comfortable with and not embarrassed for my over bearing questions. Dr. Raina and her staff do just that and more. They are intuitive and caring. They remember my baby and are so good with him. My aunt has been going for years to Dr. Raina and I plan to do the same.
Dr Raina has been great since our first newborn visit. After my frantic phone calls, not being able to leave the hospital until I picked a Doctor, we didn't meet until I brought my little one in for her first appointment and she has been nothing but welcoming and very knowledgeable! My only complaint would be wait times can be long, both in the waiting room and once you're checked in a room. But you can't really complain when there is only one doctor, and she knows your name and your little one without even looking at the charts!
Rainbow pediatrics advertises itself as a holistic pediatrics practice, but there is nothing holistic about them. My last visit was the last straw, not only were the doctor and nurses rude, but the doctor insisted that I should be feeding my five month old solids three times a day and this is a direct quote "just shoving the food down there" because "no baby likes eating anyway". Not true. When I asked her why the American academy of pediatrics and the world health organization expressly say six months she just prattled on some nonsense about how if I didn't feed my baby at five months she wouldn't be able to swallow and would throw everything up and hate food for the rest of her life. Hmm seems legit. She is not pro breastfeeding at all and was very surprised to see me tandem nursing my 20 month old and newborn. In a pro breastfeeding practice, that's run of the mill. My last complaint is on the subject of vaccinations. Nearly every single person in my family currently has, or has died from an auto immune disease. When I vaccinated my daughter she seemed to have a reaction, she screamed inconsolably for hours upon hours and developed a sever case of eczema. I was concerned and halted her vaccinations. The eczema immediately disappeared. I explained to the doctor that I am not anti vaccine, but given my family history i am concerned about my daughters immune system and would like to talk about any dangers there could be or discuss and alternative schedule. This was her response, "my thing is to give all of the shots" very knowledgeable. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous wait times and how far in advance appointments have to be scheduled. Please, don't waste your time with this low quality practice.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Dr. Aarti G Raina accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRainbow Pediatric Clinic, 1670 Buford Hwy, Cumming, GA
Dr. Aarti G Raina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cumming, GA.