Dr. Abba Terr Is this you?

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Abba Terr?

the most arrogant hostile doctor I ever consulted

Posted on October 10th, 2012

I consulted with Abba Terr back in the 1980s, after I had become very ill from exposures to a neighbor's spraying of a toxic wood preservative. I thought he could help me find answers I needed to recover my health. Not only did he completely invalidate the severity of my illness, he also literally shouted in my face to prove his point, "Who told you you were sick! Where did you get this idea that you're sick!" It was the most traumatizing appointment I have ever had with any MD ever in my life. I was young then and did not know my options. If I could go back in time I would report him to the medical licensing board for verbal abuse. No one should ever treat their patients this badly. It was inexcusable, abhorrent behavior. He was the worst medical doctor I ever consulted.

nice guy

Posted on November 15th, 2010

I visited Dr. Terr a few months ago. He exuded a calm competence and seemed to care about my case. His office was a pleasant environment. He prescribed medicine that helps me. I have no complaints.

Average

Posted on September 13th, 2009

I was surprised that a doctor his age was somewhat clueless about my symptoms. He made me dictate my entire case history and it seemed like he made me draw my own conclusion from that about what I might be suffering from. Now I am an international student and I've only been to two different doctors here and both visits felt pointless and being on a health insurance plan that does not cover clinic visits, was a waste of money. In short, if you have the regular dust/pollen allergy resulting in sinus problems, you could try going to him. But nothing too complex as skin allergies.

Condescending, not knowledgeable, could care less

Posted on April 25th, 2008

Saw him in his office about 15 years ago when I first was diagnosed with asthma. Disliked him then for his attitude. Had appt at UCSF last year to see another doctor. the other doctor was very busy so I ended up with his "sub" who was Abba Terra. He was much worse than he was 15 years ago -- could care less, had no advice to give me, etc. Avoid him