Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abbas K Shikary
Dr. Abbas K Shikary, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ashland, OH. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Shikary is affiliated with University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Abbas K Shikary has the following 3 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
As a birth professional, I do not recommend this doctor. He was my dr in 2008. Skipped around questions, extremely painful cervical checks including one at 36w ending in a handful of blood. I birthed my son three days later. Told me women don't have back labor. Pushed 2x before he got impatient and used the vacuum before asking for consent. My son's cord was cut immediately and whisked off. Placenta was manually extracted. Apparently he had a better agenda than good bedside manner on a holiday.
dr. shikary was my daughter's obgyn in 1996. he delivered her child by emergency c-section. my daughter nearly bled to death as a result and was refused a transfusion. (even the nurse on duty questioned this as her blood count was so low). he put her on mega doses of iron instead which gave her iron poisoning. his response to that was, "she has to take it". i converted her to a vegetable based iron supplement and other herbs/supplements to restore her to health which worked well. after her follow up she had a very abnormal pap smear. i was concerned and he said it was, "nothing to worry about". later she had dr. shikary also do a tubal to prevent pregnancy. she got pregnant following this with an ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. her tubes had come untied. after another pap smear by a new doctor who handled the miscarriage, it was still abnormal . she had cancer and now required surgery for that. her new doctor repaired her scar from the c-section, saying it was a "butcher job". her new ob/gyn not only repaired the damage dr. shikary had made, but also saved her life. if my daughter had remained with shikary she would now be dead.
Dr. Shikary is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Seth Gs Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Abbas K Shikary accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAshland Ob/Gyn Clinic, 53 Sugarbush Ct, Ashland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abbas K Shikary in this video.
Dr. Abbas K Shikary is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Ashland, OH.