3.4

Have you seen Dr. Abbass Sekhavat?

Not a good experience. Probably one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Poor diagnosis... and I could go on and on. One explanation on one visit, another on another visit.

Saw this Dr today and he was very rude, short and had no bedside manner. This was the worse Dr I have ever seen. He tried to argue with me because I could not recall the results of a CT Scan and asked him to contact my PCP and he laughed at me. This man is a disgrace to the Medical Community. WILL NEVER GO BACK and I WILL NEVER REFER ANY TO THIS MAN!

The most inhumane doctor! !!

The most unprofessional, careless doctor I have ever encountered. Absolutely cares nothing for the patient! Patients beware, STAY AWAY FROM THIS ANIMAL! !!

I am so disappointed and feel so disrespected as a patient being in pain

I was in the office for an hour after my appointment time before I was taken back to a room. It was another 20 minutes before he doctor came in. I explained what initially caused my injuries and what I had been through thus far to try and treat my injuries and lessens pain. The doctor said the following to me "my opinion is you are obsessing over your pain and no doctor can help you or fix you. You have to help and fix yourself. Sorry." I have never felt so disrespected and hurt by words of a medical professional. I am still in disbelief of the words he spoke to me today. I went to him because of the positive reviews but I am now very disappointed and hurt.

Surgeries performed were L4-S1 fusion and fixation (1989) and L3-L4 fusion and fixation (2008)

Dr. Sekhavat was recommended to me by my brother who had a successful fusion and fixation way back in the mid 1980s. So, I had a fusion and fixation of the L4, L5 and S1 vertebrae in 1989, using stainless steel plates and screws. I had great success with this for nearly 20(!) years! In 2008, since I had been having sharp shooting pains again, periodically for over a year, I went back to Dr. Sekhavat and he diagnosed that the same procedure, fusion and fixation, was needed at the next level up, L3-L4. He performed this surgery in Dec. 2008, using the Dynesys system instead of titanium rods, which are not as flexible. Also during this same surgery, he attempted to remove much of the old stainless steel plates and screws from 1989! The L3,L4 fusion worked great as far as removing totally the sharp shooting pain. However, I was left with an aching pain down very low in the spine, as well as numbness in the soles of my feet. An MRI done a couple of months later showed that one of the screws placed in L3 was off slightly and was against the nerve root of the spinal cord. So 4 months later he re-did this portion of the surgery and replaced that screw. I was hoping that this would do away with the continuous ache I had acquired from the surgery a few months before. But this did NOT do away with that pain, and it continues today (May 2013). Nevertheless, if you are looking for a surgeon to perform any work on your spine, I would highly recommend Dr. Sekhavat. He is highly competent and thorough and keeps up with the newest technology. Remember that there are risks to ANY AND EVERY spine surgery, and he will be the first to tell you that! But he would be your best choice as far as I know.

Back Surgerty

I was diagnosed at 33 with an 18mm L5-S1 protusion into my left syatic nerve. completely dibilated and feared living in pain the rest of my life. Dr. Sekhavat, did an outstanding job of explaining and carrying out the procedure. I was home the same night and back to work in 5-6 days. I still had some phantom pain for a few months. Now 11 years after my procedure I could not be happier with my results and living pain free.

Thorough , Friendly and Compassionate

I highly recommend Dr Sekhavat's practice if you have any sort of disc problems. He was very thorough with not only his examination but with helping me understand the problem. He explained in detail what the MRI meant as well as the procedure he recommended. After I decided he was the doctor I wanted to perform surgery I had a "pre-op" visit inwhich I took my wife. Dr. Sekhavat took the same amount of time explaining to my wife the procedure and also spent time showing her the MRI and explaining his prognosis. He didn't have to do this but it help set both of us at ease as well as it instilled a further degree of confidence in his skill and professionalism. This is a great office in a small hospital. The service was very focused on my personal needs. There is no "production line" surgery done out of this office. Everything was scheduled by mutual agreement between the doctor and me. He has a great beside manner. The operation was a total success and I'm almost back to 100% after only two months(even better since I no longer suffer from chronic lower back pain). Dr Sekhavat gave me back back. Thank you Dr. Sekhavat.

BEST ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR

I'VE SEEN AT LEAST 3 DIFFERENT DOCTORS AND ONLY DR. SEKHAVAT WAS ABLE TO PROPERLY DIAGNOSE ME. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO MY FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES. THIS IS THE DOCTOR TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY ORTHOPEDIC PROBLEMS....

crazy office manager JOAN!

the rude office manager REFUSES to work with my lawyers office. Shes holding up my surgery beacause of a 'personal' distaste for them.. and now im not sure where im getting the surgery. Dr sekhavat is great... but the office managment POOR. I wont be going back... especially after the woman harassed me because i said she was yelling at me on the phone! goodbye dr sekhavat!

After two years of constant myoclonic shaking which was beyond my control and inhibited me from being able to work, Dr. Sekhavat determined that surgery was necessary. I am only two weeks out of having L4/L5 fused, a cage inserted in my discs, and stabilizers and bone grafts to help support my back unstable back down to S1. Since my surgery I can now walk without my leg collapsing or my arms flailing about. I can stretch and straitened my right leg for the first time in 2 years. Sekhavat is honest, knowledgable, and sincerely wants to help you get better. He is a fabulous doctor!

Dr. Abbass Sekhavat is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Richardson, TX.

Dr. Abbass Sekhavat Is this you?