Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abbey L Kennedy
Dr. Abbey L Kennedy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Larkspur, CA. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Kennedy is affiliated with University of California San Francisco Medical Center at Parnassus and Ucsf Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute. Dr. Kennedy has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Abbey L Kennedy has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Abbey L Kennedy has the following 15 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
Dr. Abbey L Kennedy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I suffered an acute knee meniscus tear, and was aware that many surgeons opt for removing any portion of the cartilage that is not firmly attached. Later on, the lack of cartilage can lead to severe arthritis due to bone-on-bone contact. I was pleasantly surprised by Dr. Kennedy's awareness and knowledge of recent studies on the use of platelet-rich plasma protocols in the repair of cartilage tissue. I wanted to do a minimal removal of only the portion of the tissue impeding joint movement, and keep unattached portions in order to do PRP therapy. Dr. Kennedy agreed to my plan, but explained that PRP evidence was mixed. If it did not work, it could potentially require additional surgery in the future. In my view, Dr. Kennedy is keenly aware of relevant research, is open to alternatives, and possesses top surgical skills. I recommend her without reservations.
I am in the medical profession, and am careful when selecting practitioners. Dr. Abby Kennedy was head and shoulders above any other Orthopedic doctor I've seen. She spent time reviewing medical records, did a careful exam, and laid out the choices from surgery to 'wait and see'. Her knowledge of the medical literature was superb, and her explanations of my orthopedic conditions was informed, insightful, and competent. Completely absent was the strong-arm 'tunnel vision' that I have experienced from other practitioners. I can openly and fully recommend her.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kennedy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Abbey L Kennedy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsMount Tam Orthopedics A Medical Center Inc, 18 Bon Air Rd, Larkspur, CA
Dr. Abbey L Kennedy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Larkspur, CA.