Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Abby H Morris has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
This docor is the best in my eyes she actually listened and cared and believe me I was far from a role model patient lol<dr boston aka mrs wolford> have since moved but still call her and this doctor who no longer has to even speak to me much more call me back and still feel ing the caring in her voice shes 100 outta 1010 love you doc
Dr. Morris is a very caring, dedicated, loyal, and competent psychiatrist. She will persevere and go to bat for you. In the specialty of psychiatry where there are no miracle cures, Dr. Morris is a very special doctor who will stand by you as you make your way in recovering from your mental health condition. I trust her 100% to make the best decisions for my care.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Morris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Abby H Morris accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThreshold Services Inc, 8818 Georgia Ave Fl 2, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Abby H Morris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.