Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abdel Basset B Al-Shaar
Dr. Abdel Basset B Al-Shaar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, VA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Al-Shaar is affiliated with Inova Alexandria Hospital. Dr. Al-Shaar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Abdel Basset B Al-Shaar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Abdel Basset B Al-Shaar has the following 12 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Male Infertility
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Dr. Abdel Basset B Al-Shaar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Al-Shaar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Abdel Basset B Al-Shaar accepts the following insurance providers.
Kaiser - MidAtlantic
- Kaiser Permanente MidAtlantic
Locations & DirectionsSpringfield Medical Center, 6501 Loisdale Ct, Springfield, VA
Dr. Abdel Basset B Al-Shaar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, VA.