Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Abdollah Assad has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Abdollah Assad has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Dementia Testing
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Abdollah Assad has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 44
What the he doing in the medical field? OVER BOOKING RUNNING PEOPLE IN AND OUT OF HIS LITTLE OFFICE WITHIN 5 MIN. NEVER HAVING EYE CONTACT. ASK A FEW QUESTIONS AND WHOOP HE PULLS OUT THE PERSCIPTION PAD OUT AND HERES YOUR MEDS! HOW CAN ANYONE DETERMINE WHAT KIND OD MEDICINE YOU SHOULD BE ON IN 5 MIN WHEN HE HAS NOT EVEN GIVEN YOU TIME TO EXPLAIN WHATS UP! I WAS DESPERATE 2 AND A HALF YEARS AGO AND I TRUSTED HIM BUT SINCE THEN HE HAS GOT ME SO SCREWED UP ITS INSANE GOING TO ANOTHER DOCTOR SHE SAYS I AM ON WAY TO MANY MEDS AND SHES HELPING WEEN ME OFF AND GET ME RIGHT AGAIN!
i cant believe the authorities are letting this guy get away with just writing prescription's and no counseling. I timed most of the patients when I was waiting for over and hour (because I was new) and the average patient only took 2.1/2 min. a visit. they were in his see through office just getting there fix. patients were coming in the door every 3 min which made it very crowded the whole time. after he was done with one patient he would walk really fast, get the next name called and they came out 3 min later. this guy is not there to fix the mind hes there to make money off of addicts
Dr. Assad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northern Nevada Medical Center
29 Years Experience
Spartan Health Sciences University
Graduated in 1988
University Of Missouri At Kansas City
Dr. Abdollah Assad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
Locations & DirectionsSIERRA MOUNTAIN HEALTH, 628 Lake St, Reno, NV
Dr. Abdollah Assad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.