Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Abdul Kabir has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Abdul Kabir has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Abdul Kabir has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
Kristy is a wonderful PA & I really like her. I do not like that you have to wait an hour & a half after your appointment time before you actually get called back. Once you get into the patient room it is normally not a long wait. The office staff is not very friendly & every time you call you are put on hold & sometimes forgotten. I think they are always short-handed & in a rush. If I didn't like Kristy so much, I definitely would switch doctor offices.
I have been a patient here for many years, normally I see Kristy who I love, but sometimes I see Dr. Kabir. Kristy has a warm and caring personality, spends a lot of time with her patients answering questions. The opposite is true of Dr.Kabir. I had a physical done recently that last approximately 4 minutes.. he literally checked my throat to say AH and felt my stomach and I was on my way. I'm not sure what a full physical consists of, but I've ahd them in the past and they are normally around 15 minutes at least. I find Dr.Kabir hard to talk to, he always seems rushed and unconcerned with his patient's conditions. I expressed to him my concern over my OBGYN issues and instead of doing an exam or asking any specific questions, he just told me if it didn't go away to come back...? The wait time is pretty long.. they double book appointments there. You will NEVER be seen on time of your appointment. However, they can normally get you in urgently, sometimes same day and sometimes the next day. Also: I had a gynocological condition last year, Dr. Kabir did not know how to treat it (I normally see Kristi for OBGYN issues) and literally pulled his book out for me and was reading what he was supposed to do and prescribe to me. It seemed very unprofessional and I was worried that he didn't know what he was doing. I would rate this office as average. You get your needs met, but nothing special. I am not disappointed but I'm not impressed.
Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital
Dr. Abdul Kabir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAbdul Kabir MD, 219 W Front St, Monroe, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abdul Kabir in this video.
Dr. Abdul Kabir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroe, MI.