Dr. Abdul Sattar Is this you?

11 Ratings • 1 Comment

Worst doctor I have ever seen, needs a refresher course

Posted on November 26th, 2011

I saw Dr. Sattar twice for issues related to my thyroid. The second time I waited for at least 50 minutes and fell asleep in one of the patient rooms. When he finally came in and woke me, he argued with me about my weight gain (said it was all in my head) before stating that none of my symptoms were related to thyroid dysfunction and that I was BIPOLAR. He wanted to write me a prescription right then and there for lithium or some such drug. I was so confused! Since when are weight gain, exhaustion, confused thinking, flaky skin, and a TSH of 16 NOT related to hypothyroidism? Thankfully I did not listen to him, found a book on the subject, followed its protocol, and reversed my symptoms and TSH level. This man is dangerous and arrogant. Dr. Sattar should NOT be practicing medicine!

Posted on February 28th, 2017