Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abdul S Thannoun MD
Dr. Abdul S Thannoun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amarillo, TX. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Abdul S Thannoun has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Abdul S Thannoun has the following 13 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdul S Thannoun - Posted on November 13th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdul S Thannoun - Posted on February 9th, 2017
QUACK WITH A LICENSE
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdul S Thannoun - Posted on April 5th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdul S Thannoun - Posted on February 2nd, 2011
Very rude and impatient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdul S Thannoun - Posted on January 30th, 2010
I had to wait over to hours for the doctor to arrive at his office. It was so crowded there were no more chairs for patients.He was very rude and had a very pompous bedside manner and would not answer my questions even though I am a medical professional myself. I refused to keep this physician as a provider.
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1990
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Abdul S Thannoun Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsABDUL THANNOUN, 3501 S Soncy Rd Ste 107, Amarillo, TX
Dr. Abdul S Thannoun is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.