Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Abdullah Arshad has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Abdullah Arshad has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Intensive Care
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 15
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdullah Arshad - Posted on July 21st, 2012
Four or five hour wait times are not unusual. Dr. Arshad does not control his schedule at all. I had an 8:30 AM appointment and had to leave at 1:30 PM without seeing him. The person next to me had an 8:15 AM appointment and was told at !;25PM that it would be "A couple of more hours" before he would be seen. " We are really busy!" He could be a good Doctor, if he could get past that.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdullah Arshad - Posted on February 23rd, 2011
Dr. Arshad is a treasure and a boon to the community. Thoughtful and caring, he seems to work 24/7. He has gone far and beyond what I would have expected from any doctor in this economically-depressed area. It is astounding that he chooses to make his practice here. He is a superlative physician and has excellent communication skills: he is able to explain things clearly and thoroughly to the patient and family and always takes the time to do so.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Arshad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Dr. Abdullah Arshad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Abdullah Arshad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hayti, MO.