Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abdullah M Yonan
Dr. Abdullah M Yonan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peoria, AZ, with other offices in Phoenix, AZ and Glendale, AZ (and 1 other location). He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Yonan has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Abdullah M Yonan has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Abdullah M Yonan has the following 20 expertise
- Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis)
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Respiratory Failure
- Respiratory Alkalosis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Lung Cancer
- Pleural Effusion
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 22
DR YONAN EXAMINED AN MRI THAT MY PRIMARY DOCTOR HAD ME TAKE. HE IMMEDIATELY FOUND MY BREATHING PROBLEM AND RECOMMENDED AN INHALER, ANORA ELIPTA. AFTER JUST 1 DOSE I FELT MUCH BETTER THAN I HAD BEEN IN A LONG TIME. IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE THAT MY PROBLEM, COPD, WAS A COMMON ONE ASSOCIATED WITH SMOKING SOME 50 PLUS YEARS AGO. DR YONAN EXPLAINED THAT THERE ARE RESIDUAL EFFECTS FROM SMOKING EVEN AFTER SO MANY YEARS GO BY. SO, BOTTOM LINE, A ONCE A DAY INHALER HAS REALLY "PEPPED ME UP". ALSO I MUST ADD THAT I MENTIONED THAT I SEEMED TO BE SUFFERING FROM LEG CRAMPS MORE THAN BEFORE I STARTED ON THE INHALER. DR YONAN NOTED THAT I MAY HAVE A MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY. I STARTED TAKING A 400 MG DOSE MAGNESIUM TABLET ONCE A DAY AND AMAZINGLY MY LEG CRAMPS SUBSIDED WITH A DAY OR TWO. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND DR YONAN TO ANYONE BASED ON MY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
Very thorough and caring from Dr, Yonan. himself anf theentire nursing care group.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Baghdad
Graduated in 1978
New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Abdullah M Yonan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abdullah M Yonan in this video.
Dr. Abdullah M Yonan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, AZ.