Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abelardo Cruz MD
Dr. Abelardo Cruz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE, with other offices in Omaha, NE and Omaha, NE (and 3 other locations). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology, Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cruz is affiliated with Jennie Edmundson Hospital, Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Omaha, Ne. He speaks English.
Dr. Abelardo Cruz has 6 locations
Dr. Abelardo Cruz has the following 3 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Abelardo Cruz has the following 6 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Abelardo Cruz is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abelardo Cruz - Posted on June 22nd, 2015
Just the right doctor for my dad
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abelardo Cruz - Posted on March 30th, 2015
Dr. Cruz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jennie Edmundson Hospital
Nebraska Methodist Hospital
Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Omaha, Ne
20 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Abelardo Cruz Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Abelardo Cruz's office for more information.
8901 W Dodge Rd Omaha, NE : (402) 354-8600
16120 W Dodge Rd Omaha, NE : (402) 354-0610
17675 Welch Plz Omaha, NE : (402) 354-7600
717 N 190th Plz Elkhorn, NE : (402) 354-8600
10060 Regency Cir Omaha, NE : (402) 354-1418
5908 S 142nd St Omaha, NE : (402) 354-1921
Locations & Directions
Dr. Abelardo Cruz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.