Dr. Abhay V Rao Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Abhay V Rao?

Front desk is terrible and rude. Blanca

Fed up

Dr. Rao was ok, has had better GP's. His front desk is a very big problem. You can't count on her for accuracy, she schedules you for one day and you show up and the doc isn't even in that day. You have a doc send information to Dr Rao and it never gets to him.

Doctor, where?

Doctor is unavailable. Does not come in the office for weeks! Office staff doesn't answer the phone, in fact, they turn off the phones. Staff is ineffective, rude and unprofessional. They would be better off with toddlers running the office and a cardboard cutout of a real doctor

get a different doc

Doctor was ok to start but as my illness progressed, doctor didn't try to help. Dr began showing up late for appointments then started missing appointments altogether. Tina and other girl forget about referrals and blame you for it.

Dr. Rao is a great doctor! I could tell he was very knowledgeable and was correct on his diagnosis. He promptly got me in touch with the specialist I needed and listened to all my concerns. I found the staff very approachable, organized and friendly. Dr. Rao is more than competent!

Neglectful doctor, abusive staff

The doctor himself is horrible, even worse nursing assistant Tina is horribly abusive and hostile. She became angry that I showed up at the office after being ignored for a week and a half regarding a dental consult due to a immunity issue with a bone marrow abnormality. She said she had "tooken" care of it and I should have waited for their call even though I had already been waiting a week and a half in extreme pain with a tooth partially broken off below the bone line. Her attitude was "how dare I show up and make sure they do there job". She slammed down her clipboard and and irrately said she would talk to the doctor. She then made me feel like a drug seeker when I asked for pain medication since I wasn't able to see my low income dentist until after the Thanksgiving holiday break due their office's negligence. They refused to prescribe any pain meds but said they would call in a antibiotic right then. It was another 2 days and another series of repeated calls before I got that.

No professionalizm.

1). Office staff SUCKS! big time. The fat little secretary probably kicks her cat & dog when she gets home every day.2). Dr Abhay relays everthing to the patient through his office staff which gets lost in the translation. 3). His staff is not friendly. Basically your a number there. Rao should stick to being a professor at the medical schools and not posing as a health care provider in the real world. Take the confusion out of daily life.4). Avoid at all cost, unless your on a budget and your health insurance cost is astronimically low.

Great caring Dr. He has been my Dr. for 20 years

I20 years patient

Dr.Rao is agreat family doctor. He listens to you..He explains why,and he refers to special Doctor if and when needed.My late husband and Myself have been patients for 20 years. Some of our children and friends are also patients.He is compassionate and his diganosis are good. I trust him,he cares!!

Kudos to Dr. Rao

I began seeing Dr. Rao a couple of months ago because of several different medical issues. He immediately referred me to the appropriate specialist, ordered preliminary tests, and has followed up with everything. Yes, his office is very busy and you have to sometimes wait an extended period before being taken to an exam room, but it's because he's a great physician and takes his time to examine you and explain the next steps or diagnosis. I have already recommended Dr. Rao to several of my family and friends.