Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Abiade C Short has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Abiade C Short has the following 13 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Abiade C Short is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
At first, I thought its uncomfortable to have a male doctor but i was wrong. I had a smooth, comfortable and awesome experience when I gave birth to my 2nd child. I never felt any hesitation because he is a jolly person and always at his best mood and I never had hard time seeing him. Its so easy to communicate with him and be at ease when you're addressing concerns. I even looked for him again when I got pregnant to my third child. I was so thankful that he is my doctor for the second time especially during my recent pregnancy there were times I had hard time coming to my appointment ( i missed few of those) due to conflict on my husbands' working schedule but Dr Short was there and tried to book me a service shuttle that will pick me up just not to miss my appointment. He also personally giving me followups call after appointment. When i want to deliver my baby through induction -- he granted my abrupt request to have the induction on the same day I want it since it would enable my husband to look after me all through out the delivery. Overall ... I highly recommend Dr Short. His calmness, simplicity and moral support were factor for my TWO babies delivery. Although i dont have anymore plan of getting pregnant I will still go back and recommend him to my family and friends.
At fist sight, Dr. Short looks a bit young. I wasn't sure of how comfortable I was going to be with him. He is very professional, and easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions thoroughly, and asked questions in return to know more about my condition. He is an excellent doctor and has been recommended. The MA's and nurse were also very friendly and helpful. The whole team made the visit very pleasant.
Honestly, I was a little iffy about a young OB/GYN and was hesitant to follow through with the appointment, but he made me feel very comfortable. He has mastered being extremely professional yet very personable all at the same time. He was knowledgable and took the time to listen to all of my concerns and also to explain his answers to me. I would for sure tell friends and family about him.
12 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Abiade C Short accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Abiade C Short is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.