Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abraham G Thomas
Dr. Abraham G Thomas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bellaire, TX, with another office in Katy, TX. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Abraham G Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Neck Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
My lumbar discs turned in their notice several years ago. I explored surgery with a number of doctors. None offered hopeful results. I was referred to Dr. Thomas for pain management by my cardiologist some years ago. Dr. Thomas conducted an extensive medical exam including an MRI. Based upon his findings he prescribed the epidural steroid injection procedure. My relief from pain was immediate. I was able to resume daily exercise including regular morning swims. Dr. Thomas repeats the procedure as needed...up to a year apart. Best of all, I require no narcotics for pain relief, the ESI alone suffices.
I so appreciated the care and concern of Dr. Abraham Thomas and his staff. He seemed to genuinely want to help me with my problems and genuinely seemed to care whether or not I got better!
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1992
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Abraham G Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abraham G Thomas in this video.
Dr. Abraham G Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellaire, TX.