Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abraham A Genut
Dr. Abraham A Genut, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Towson, MD. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Genut is affiliated with Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Mercy Medical Center and University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Genut has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Abraham A Genut has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I have been a patient of Dr. Genut for over 5 years. From my first visit until the present he always listens, is thorough in his questions and examinations and honest always. His office staff is courteous and always has a smile for everyone. Also she knows her job like the back of her hand. Dr. Genut is the best!
i went to talk with him a bout a problem i have with my eyes. he was very honest about the fact that need input from both an ophthalmologist and neurologist to monitor my condition and necessary prescription. he told what he could made some honest recommendations. i was in and out his office in about 20 min and he gave back my copay since he couldn't do much
D Genut was through in taking my history and conducting the examination. His suggested treatment was effective and when I called the office subsequently to ask a question he responded himself. I only wish that every physician I saw was as good as he was.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Genut is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Abraham A Genut accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abraham A Genut in this video.
Dr. Abraham A Genut is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.