Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Abraham B Havivi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 8
Did not REALLY address my issues. Made conclusions about me having ADHD versus Depression in spite of me telling him I was sad all the time and even felt suicidal at times. Prescribed me anti-anxiety. Didn't prescribe me anything for Depression or ADHD even though he diagnosed me with both. Would not recommend.
Wonderful practitioner! I started seeing Dr.Havivi when I moved from NYC to LA and he is amazing! Saw me right away and took care of all my concerns. He really cares about me as a whole person and has called me back on weekends (within 30 min) to help me during issues. If you're looking for a high quality professional for yourself or child, he is a top choice. The cost is about $300 for 45 min to 1 hour, but he writes all the prescriptions for you there, and unlike most other doctors he does not make you have another appt. for each time he writes a prescription.
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. Abraham B Havivi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAbraham B J Havivi Md, 8306 Wilshire Blvd Ste 830, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Abraham B Havivi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.